Friday, September 14, 2012

Ma'am, you know you have bees flying into your house??

As I was getting home from picking up kids after school, a well-meaning telephone repairman who was up on the pole adjacent to the back corner of the house called out and got my attention. "You know, you have a whole lot of bees flying around the back of your house," he said. "They're flying right up inside your wall. You and your kids really need to be careful!" He then went on to tell me that I should go to an auto parts store, buy some carburetor fluid because that comes in a container with a long nozzle and I can just squirt that on in there.

Do I fess up and tell him that we're beekeepers? Do I keep quiet? He was working just yards away from the hive. What if he got stung?

So I simply replied, "Huh. We need to do something about that." And told him we were sure to be careful.

I guess you really can't see the six foot tall set of supers just inside the window if you're not looking for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment